"Rocky Mount, Tennessee, Provincial Capital East of the Mississippi River," undated woodcut by A. Ross Pittman.
Inscribed lower left, below image: Rocky Mount, Tenn. the first and only Provincial capital east of Miss. River, in use since 1770
Signed lower right, below image: A. Ross Pittman
Rocky Mount was a home and farm established by William Cobb around 1770. From 1790-1792, Cobb's home was used as the capital of the territory which later became the State of Tennessee.
|Title||Rocky Mount, Tennessee, Provincial Capital East of the Mississippi River|
|Role of Creator||Artist|
|Creator||Pittman, A. Ross|
|Dimensions||H-11.125 W-15.937 inches|
|Credit line||Gift of the artist|